It’s 6AM here, still dark. Luckily Irene weakened through the night (now just Cat 1) and the eye came no closer than 125 miles of us. We slept like babies through the worst of it. No damage (except for some leaky windows). Our 9 dock lines held as did the dock. I haven’t checked the rest of the marina yet, but if any boats broke free they didn’t hit us.

We’ll stay here a few more days waiting for the seas to calm.
We could be stuck in worse places. The full name of our marina is “Osprey Marina & Grill” (really). Food is wonderful, and Janice is thrilled not to be cooking on the boat.

This entry was posted in Chesapeake, Travel and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Anticlimactic

  1. Jane and Larry says:


    I checked your wind speed around 2 am and it was in the 30’s with gusts up to 40 mph so you really lucked out! I was also worried about Schooner but it looks like it was business as usual, thank heavens. Enjoy your day.


  2. Lana says:

    So glad you’re safe. Your delay in getting away from Florida was meant to be. Things happen for a reason.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *